Approved for 1.2 Contact Hours.
The Basics of Water training course identifies and explains common water problems such as hardness, iron, chlorine, turbidity, etc., that are typically found in most incoming water supplies that can negatively affect water quality. This course is primarily designed to educate hemodialysis technicians, biomedical personnel, nurse managers and other personnel responsible for the water treatment system. The emphasis will be to provide the individual with a comprehensive look at identifying water impurities as well as how these materials interact with water.
- Primarily designed to educate hemodialysis technicians, Biomedical personnel, nurse managers and personnel responsible for the water treatment system on understanding the basics of water and problematic substances that affect water quality.
- To recognize some general water problems.
- To recognize the difference between suspended and dissolved solids.
- To understand the solubility of a solution.
- To understand how to measure and specify total dissolved solids.
Table of Contents:
- Goal & Objectives
- Glossary of Terms
- Basics of Water Introduction
- General Water Problems
- Suspended and Dissolved Solids
- Total Dissolved Solids