Approved for 1.2 Contact Hours.
This course is designed to give you a more in-depth study on the fundamentals of reverse osmosis. This session covers the filtration of water contaminates, thoroughly explains the osmosis process, and examines cross flow filtration technology.
- Primarily designed to educate hemodialysis technicians, biomedical personnel, nurse managers and others responsible for the water treatment system on understanding the fundamentals of reverse osmosis technology.
- To learn what reverse osmosis is and why we use the technology.
- To understand the relationship between the water molecule and contaminants in water.
- To understand the process of osmosis.
- To realize the benefits of cross flow filtration.
- To understand the basic reverse osmosis operation.
- To understand the different filter configurations.
Table of Contents:
- Defining Reverse Osmosis.
- Examining the removal of water contaminants.
- Defining and illustrating the osmosis process.
- Particle filtration and cross flow membrane technology.
- Filter configuration featuring spiral filters.