Approved for 1.2 Contact Hours.
To provide instruction on the importance of designing a hemodialysis clinic based on the water treatment and distribution system. This is a course that can be taken by project managers, engineers, technicians, physicians, and administrators that are involved with dialysis facility layout. The emphasis is based on providing the individual with a comprehensive overview of the issues surrounding designing a dialysis clinic from a water treatment perceptive.
- To avoid common mistakes that can occur in designing and building a hemodialysis clinic, and to understand the importance starting with the water treatment system first.
- To establish the importance for designing a water system properly.
- To understand the criteria for system sizing and the dangers of improper distribution design.
- To provide the design parameters that need to be consider during the preplanning stages and discuss commonly overlooked areas within the water room.
- To understand the options surrounding bicarb and concentrate distribution systems.
- To examine the pros and cons of water treatment system standardization.
- To provide advice when dealing with contractors and suppliers.
Table of Contents:
- Importance of Proper Water System Design
- Design Affects the Water Equipment Selection
- What Does a Good Water Room Look Like?
- Design Parameters
- Commonly Overlooked Items
- Water System Distribution – Engineered Properly
- Bicarbonate Delivery System Design
- Concentrate Delivery System Design
- Water System Standardization – Pros & Con
- Project Management