Approved for 1.2 Contact Hours.
The Water Treatment for Dialysis training course examines the need for pure water and the function of a water treatment system necessary to produce hemodialysis quality water. This is a course that can be taken by nurses, technicians, physicians, social workers and administrators that are involved with dialysis patient care. The emphasis will be to provide the individual with a brief overview of why water quality is important. It will also identify and explain the key components that are contained within a water treatment system.
- To provide a training course that presents the need for pure water and the function of the water treatment system required to produce hemodialysis quality water.
- To learn why water needs to be properly treated prior to use in hemodialysis applications.
- To identify the different water treatment system components.
- To understand how each component works within the water treatment system.
- To emphasize the need for excellent data recording habits.
- To gain knowledge and build confidence in dealing with a water treatment system.
Table of Contents:
- Description & Objectives
- Glossary of Terms
- Water & Water Treatment
- Water Treatment & the Dialyzer
- Components of a Water Treatment System
- Pretreatment Process
- Purification Process
- Distribution Process